New Treatment for Heel Pain..... Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur Syndrome
Introduction: Allogeneic Amniotic Membrane injections are now being used for painful Plantar Fasciitis. This simple procedure involves the injection of a small amount of an allograph ( living Human Cells) into the Plantar Fascia to help generate new health tissue. Patients who have under gone 6 months or more of conservative therapy with no to little relief are perfect candidates for the procedure. Patients who have come to us with a pain level of 8 to 10 have seen a reduction in pain to a 1-2!
Call us today to have us check you insurance benefits to find out if this revolutionary new treatment for chronic Plantar Fasciitis is covered.
Smelly feet generally can be controlled with a few preventive measures:
- Always wear socks with closed shoes.
- Avoid wearing nylon socks or plastic shoes. Instead, wear shoes made of leather, canvas, mesh or other materials that let your feet breathe.
- Bathe your feet daily in lukewarm water, using a mild soap. Dry thoroughly.
- Change your socks and shoes at least once a day.
- Check for fungal infections between your toes and on the bottoms of your feet. If you spot redness or dry, patchy skin, get treatment right away.
- Don't wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. If you frequently wear athletic shoes, alternate pairs so that the shoes can dry out. Give your shoes at least 24 hours to air out between wearings; if the odor doesn't go away, discard the shoes.
- Dust your feet frequently with a non-medicated baby powder or foot powder. Applying antibacterial ointment also may help.
- Practice good foot hygiene to keep bacteria levels at a minimum.
- Wear thick, soft socks to help draw moisture away from the feet. Cotton and other absorbent materials are best.
These preventive measures also can help prevent Athlete's foot which can flourish in the same environment as sweaty feet. However, Athlete's foot won't respond to an antibacterial agent because it's caused by a fungus infection. Use an anti-fungal powder and good foot hygiene to treat Athlete's foot.