New Treatment for Heel Pain..... Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur Syndrome
Introduction: " Fluid Flow" Allogeneic Amniotic Membrane injections are now being used for painful Plantar Fasciitis. This simple procedure involves the injection of a small amount of an allograph ( living Human Cells) into the Plantar Fascia to help generate new health tissue. Patients who have under gone 6 months or more of conservative therapy with no to little relief are perfect candidates for the procedure. Patients who have come to us with a pain level of 8 to 10 have seen a reduction in pain to a 1-2!
NOW COVERED BY MEDICARE!!!!
New Treatment for Heel Pain
Electro Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
(USUALLY 2 SESSIONS NEEDED)
Examining old shoes before buying new ones can help you evaluate your wear patterns and buy new shoes with a better fit and style that compensates for the stresses you place on shoes.
What are your shoes trying to tell you? Here is a translation of basic wear patterns:
- A bulge and wear to the side of the big toe means too-narrow fit or you have a bunion.
- Outer sole wear means you turn your foot out. Orthotics may help.
- Toe-shaped ridges on the upper means your shoes are too small or you have hammertoes.
- Wear on the ball of the foot means your heel tendons may be too tight.
- Wear on the inner sole means you pronate or turn your foot inward. Inner liners or orthotics may help.
- Wear on the upper, above the toes means the front of your shoe is too low.