New Treatment for Heel Pain..... Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur Syndrome
Introduction: " Fluid Flow" Allogeneic Amniotic Membrane injections are now being used for painful Plantar Fasciitis. This simple procedure involves the injection of a small amount of an allograph ( living Human Cells) into the Plantar Fascia to help generate new health tissue. Patients who have under gone 6 months or more of conservative therapy with no to little relief are perfect candidates for the procedure. Patients who have come to us with a pain level of 8 to 10 have seen a reduction in pain to a 1-2!
NOW COVERED BY MEDICARE!!!!
New Treatment for Heel Pain
Electro Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
(USUALLY 2 SESSIONS NEEDED)
- Avoid shoes that have seams over areas of pain, such as a bunion.
- Avoid shoes with heavy rubber soles that curl over the top of the toe area (such as seen on some running shoes), because they can catch on carpets and cause an accidental fall.
- Flat shoes (with a heel height of one inch or less) are the healthiest shoes for your feet. If you must wear a high heel, keep to a heel height of two inches or less, limit their wear to three hours at a time, and take them off coming to and from an activity.
- Laced, rather than slip-on shoes, provide a more secure fit and can better accommodate insoles, orthotic devices, and braces.
- Look for soles that are shock absorbing and skid resistant, such as rubber, rather than smooth leather.
- Shoes should be made of a soft material that has some give.